Monday, July 27, 2009

Review - T-Bonz Grille and Pub

T-Bonz Grille and Pub

Located at 4910 Waterloo Rd., Ellicott City, 410-461-4748

My wife and i have eaten here 4 or 5 times over the last several years, and we always thought the food was pretty good. But when we went back just recently, they had changed their menu slightly, which wasn't any big deal to us, but they also enlarged the bar area, which use to be enclosed and is now open and encroaching into the dinning area. Neither of those two things in itself would bother me, but they seem to have increased prices, decreased portion size and decreased quality. My wife's prime rib was tough and had a quite a bit of grizzle. My hot roast beef was kind of pricey for the Baltimore area, most places this dish runs from $ 6.95 to about $ 9.95, they were charging $ 14. I still didn't give this a lot of thought, because i assumed it was going to be a substantial order, but i was wrong. When it came out it was one piece of really thick bread and there was so little beef and gravy, you could actually see the bread and that it was white. Again if they had put enough fries i might have left happy, but there were only a few french fries and they were the frozen crinkle cut. And to top the whole thing off the beef was chewy and had gristle. I don't mind paying for a good meal, but for an inferior one, it's very disappointing. I was hungry when i left and had to drive home and make dinner. I'm always willing to cut some slack to restaurants, people do have off days, but when the food is so small that i leave hungry, that's a deal breaker for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment