Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review - Jackie's Too Restaurant, Ogunquit, Maine

JACKIE'S TOO

91 Perkins Cove Rd.
Ogunquit, Me.
207-646-4444
http://www.jackiestoo.com/

Located in Perkins Cove, right at the oceans edge, you can't get any closer without getting wet. This is a great location, you can't get any better. And with this location you also get great food. We went to Jackie's Too in 2008, i was in the mood for fish and chips, and they were excellent, my wife got the swordfish kabobs and told me to take a taste. This was the best fish dish that I've ever tasted and i wished that i had ordered it. Unfortunately we were leaving early the next morning, so i never got another chance to go back. Once we got home i told my wife i want to go back to Maine next year so i can get that swordfish kabob. So i planned the next trip to Maine, so that we would hit Ogunquit first, then hit some new locations and then end up in Bar Harbor. And sure enough we arrived in Ogunquit this year ( 2009 ) and that was were we went for dinner the next night. I have to admit i was worried, some times in a year, a chef could have changed, sometimes food quality can go up or down for lots of reasons, but the quality hadn't changed. We both ordered the same dish, the swordfish kabobs. They had a nice grilled char on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. The dish came with grilled vegetables and rice. I've eaten a lot of fish dishes over the years and this chef ( he or she ) really knows how to cook fish. I can't think of to many restaurants that i would drive 700 plus miles to eat at. I told my wife the other night that our trip next year to Quebec, I'm plotting out a route to hit Ogunquit on the way home, it only adds seven hours to the trip. The restaurant I'm sure has many other outstanding dishes, but i won't be able to tell you about them, because I'm getting the swordfish again. Just to let you know, should you decide to go there, they are reasonably priced. Lite fare starts around 7. and up, entrees are around 17. to 22. The night we were there, most people were dressed casually, a few were dressed up. I'm not sure if they have a dress code, but you can go to their web site.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! "It only adds 7 hours to the trip" - now that is a dedicated foodie and a ringing endorsement! The next time we're up in ME, we'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete